Sunday, August 2, 2009

It's a post.

Once again it's been a while since I've posted, mostly because summer is a busy time and there are other things going on but here we go.

The 4th of July came and went and Seattle does a pretty solid firework show. They shoot fireworks off of Lake Union from a barge in the center and they do it right. Constant shells instead of spreading it out over way too long. The Sunday after I went to a Everett Aquasox game. The Aquasox are the short season (SS) Single A team of the Mariners and for $15 you sit about 5 rows from the game and can heckle the ump. Minor league baseball is well worth the money and effort to attend because you are much closer to the action and it's more about the fan experience than anything. The Aquasox ended up winning 15-14 in about the highest scoring game I've ever attended at any level that I can remember.

The was a kickball tournament and the Sexual Harassment Panda's went 2 - 1 but ended up getting screwed out of the playoffs due to some bad management out the kickball tourney. They did have party buses to drive people to and from bars for the enjoyment of the kickball participants and fans. It was good times and people had fun on a hot day which is about all you can ask.

The next weekend was a trip to North Dakota for the wedding of a cousin. My family is huge so I'll spare the details but Andrea is my age and we did a lot of stuff together back in the day at the various family events. Yay to Andrea for having the biggest family wedding I can remember in forever. I drove around a fair amount and saw Lisbon, Sheldon, Enderlin, and quite a bit of Fargo. The Red River Valley Fair is a great view of humanity in ND and a good reminder that people are grown big out there. At 6ft I'm usually towards the top of the height scale at events but between the wedding and the fair I felt positively average and that doesn't normally happen to me that often.

I went to Scranton PA for the 7th time since November and I've come to the conclusion that the greater Scranton area isn't that terrible. I'm tired of going there for work so I am no longer a happy camper when I go there. Good things have happened as a result of all those trips out to Scranton but I'm still hoping not to go back there anymore if I can help it.

Seattle hit 103 this last week and while it gets that hot most other parts of the country it's not supposed to get that hot here. Seattle has very mild temps and extremes are not really common events. 103 is particularly bad because most of the city doesn't have air conditioning so it's not that people can't handle the heat it's that they don't get a reprieve from it at all. The worst part is I have a window AC unit that won't fit into any of the window's in my place. Suckage. It's still in the 80's everyday which people bitch about, whatever, I don't really complain unless it hits 90.

Does anybody know how to recycle / throw away a 32 inch big screen old school TV? Mine blew the tube a few weeks ago and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. Taking it to the dump seems wrong and it doesn't actually work so I can't give it to goodwill either. I'm thinking I'll probably have to pay to get it taken away and disposed of properly as I'm sure this beast has some nasty crap on the inside. I got this my sophomore summer of college when I was working at UPS and because Jay cares about these things I know it's 10 years old as well. RIP football TV 1.

Today I had a leak problem with my garbage disposal and managed to spread all over my kitchen floor. It has been an eventful day to say the least. Between a good breakfast, some grocery shopping, laundry, a disposal leak, and eating Ice Cream I am totally pooped and this has been a long ass blog.

More to come - I promise.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For your TV, try the following website to find where you can take it. http://www.epa.gov/waste/conserve/materials/ecycling/donate.htm

Drew said...

Good to see you're still alive