Sunday, August 9, 2009

5 Weeks

That's how long it will be until I leave for Iceland. That's right I'm going to Iceland for a week or so and it will be awesome. Reasons for going to Iceland:

1. I can always go to Hawaii / Alaska since I'm Seattle.
2. It was way way cheaper than I would have expected for a direct flight.
3. Europe / Asia and various other places are well traveled.

I just wanted to go somewhere different and do something that not everybody else does. Like eat a Puffin. I'm not sure if Puffins will be in season but they sure look tasty.

Right now I'm drinking a Mt. Dew but it's a special throwback edition made with real sugar instead of using HFCS - High Fructose Corn Syrup - and I can actually tell the difference between regular Mt. Dew and "throwback" Mt. Dew. I'm not sure which one tastes better to be truthful but they're both delicious. Mmmmm.

All those trips to Scranton paid off. One of the events I went to PA for was really successful and the team I was on was rewarded with an All - Company award. Since most of the rest of the team was in PA I was selected to go in front of our Quarterly meeting and receive the award in front of about 2000-3000 people which was a little disconcerting but it was worth it.

This last Wednesday I went to a "friendly" soccer game between FC Barcelona and Seattle. 66,000 people went to Qwest field to watch one of the best English Premier League teams crush the Seattle MLS team. Soccer in the states has a long way to go but it was fun to see a world class team and the crowd was great. I'm not the biggest soccer fan in the world or anything but as a sports fan in general I think I'm starting to get the appeal of soccer. Watching it live is far superior than watching on TV (which is ok at best) but it reminds of Hockey with the constant motion and the way the game is fluid. Far fewer stops and starts than most American sports and generally cheaper too. Go Seattle FC I guess.

Nothing else really going on. I still have to get rid of the giant old TV. There are ways to recycle it and ways to throw it away. I'll figure that out this week I guess.

No comments: