Sunday, August 23, 2009

Calling It A Career

Yep. I threw away my Dreamcast today. I checked, it's not worth the time or effort to sell the stupid thing so I threw it away. It was all part of my "I should unpack the stuff from three moves ago" Sunday night that saw me throwing away lots of crap. I don't have a ton of space so I need to periodically go through my stuff and chuck stuff to prevent me from being a total pack rat, if i haven't needed it after 2+ years in Seattle it might as well go in the trash. Whatever I keep will end up a little more organized at that, like the POS voting notebook.

The rest of the weekend was spent thinking about kites. On Friday a trip to the Long Beach (WA) Kite Festival was undertaken. A few thoughts.

People take their kites seriously. There were maybe 500 - 1000 kites in the air along the beach and some of them were seriously the size of school bus. There were competitions for sport kites and performing aerobatic tricks and it was pretty impressive and it kind of made me want to get a kite but I didn't, see first paragraph.

Long Beach Washington is pretty cool by itself. There is a lot of history around the area because Lewis and Clark finished their trip along the Columbia there and with the serious tides and currents there are a ton of ships wrecked along the coast. After screwing around in the surf for and hour or two I would attest that the currents are strong. After we were done the Kite Festival people were very adamant that going in the surf was tantamount to trying to yourself drowned. I managed to sunburn the top of my feet as well. That hurts.

Nothing else exciting happening. Going to Iceland in 3 weeks so the countdown continues. I'll remember to bring my camera to Iceland - unlike Long Beach.

Feel like that's it for this week. I'll try to post more but that usually ends poorly.

1 comment:

Drew said...

About damn time you started posting again! Thanks for inspiring me to clean my house, we've got too much shit laying around in boxes too.