Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A short pirate?

Credit goes to Reggie for the find, but the Senate campaign in Oregon is hilarious. Steve Novick (not Novak the former MU basketball player) is running for Senate as the challenger and he has some issues. Normally I would never write about politics but this doesn't really count.

Issue one - He's short.



Issue two - He has a hook hand.



If I lived in Oregon I would totally vote for a guy who knows how to open a beer that way! He totally needs to be the emcee for this event. All he needs is an eye patch. Maybe people with hook hands move to Oregon and Washington get all the eye patches. Maybe I'm seeing the same guy over again but Seattle seems to have a disproportionate amount of eye patches.

All this pirate talk makes me think of 201.

What kind of socks does a pirate prefer?

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrgyle!

Grocery shopping a few weeks ago was insanely expensive. I've never spent so much money prior and I want to bitch about it but somehow I picked the right combo of items (things I could fry or microwave perhaps?) that I got two free movie tickets. I mean seriously what could make you happier than 2 movie tickets @ $110 each. Indiana Jones better not suck at those prices.

All this pirate talk made me think of one of my favorite t-shirts and how global warming is related to pirates.

1 comment:

Jay ... said...

that is the coolest Senator ever!

- Lackey