Monday, May 26, 2008

Blisters are assholes.

How cool is this? I can't remember what I did because I took 2 extra days off.

I know I saw Indiana Jones on Thursday and I was unimpressed. The X-Files factor was off the charts and while I'm OK (why does OK have to be capitalized?) with sci-fi it doesn't belong in an Indiana Jones film for my money. I must be in the minority since most reviews have been positive but I can't recommend it. My 2nd cousin once removed (if only my mom gets that I'm fine with it - genealogy rocks) moved downtown for the summer with her roommate and ended up choosing a place only a few blocks from me. We ate a ton of sushi and watched random TV on Thursday night.

I don't know what I did Friday or Saturday really. Oh yeah, I went to a folklife festival at Seattle Center, I'm not sure it was worth the 1/8 mile walk. The food would have been pretty good had I not eaten immediately before I went over there. The music was ethnic based or hippie based, it was either native Asian complete with dancers or bongo's and stoners. Nothing wrong with the ethnic based stuff but I wasn't in the mood for that. The shooting a few hundred feet away from me kind of ruined the mood too. I was amused by the blatant stonerism going on though. A girl in her early 20's was selling hemp based goods and the sign read for "cash or 'broccoli soup' aka Mary Jane". Not as blatant as Hempfest but it was pretty close.

Kayaking is a bitch of a workout. You go out on the water and use only your upper body to move a 16ft long kayak through choppy water. It's awesome and a freaking killer at the same time. My arms, shoulders, back, and abs are all hurting. The blisters on my hands are assholes too. I have added a kayak to my list of things to buy after a condo.

Things to buy - in order of likelihood.

New Shoes 100%
Camping Gear 100% (soon)
Permanent Domicile 100% (<12 months I hope) (Jay when the symbol is turned this way < it means "less than")
A Roadbike 70% (soonish)
Grad School (odds unknown)
Whitewater rafting equipment and/or Kayak gear (probable)
A Sailboat (someday)
A Powerboat (someday)
A Cabin in the woods. (I can dream)

The time line is pretty open ended after I get new shoes.



Here is a picture of the Olympics from Golden Gardens. We had a pitfire a few weeks ago and it was awesome to watch the sun go down over the mountains. I can't stress how cool mountains are.










Some college aged kid apparently has some juggling experience. The focus isn't the best but here is a video of him juggling in the dark.




This video (MOM DO NOT WATCH THIS) is a holdover from my beer employee days.




All I can say is "blame Canada" and "Canadian beer is like moonshine". Seriously, can you imagine a commercial like that in the US? Blue Light is my favorite Canadian Beer.

Canadian beers in order of preference.

Blue Light
Blue
Molson
Molson Light
Moosehead
ummmmm

They must have crappy beers in Canada.

The Oregon Pirate was not elected to the Senate. Apparently the Senate does not want a short hook handed pirate in their midst.

Instead of a beer of the day I'm going with what I'm drinking. I'll try to have a unique beer/wine/soda/beverage listed here. Today I'm going with a nationally available micro based out of Oregon. It's a tasty summer beer - Widmer Hefeweizen. The website is for beer nerds.

2 comments:

Jay ... said...

Jay > T-rel

Rachel said...

Oh man, your mom is going to be so mad when she sees how much swearing you did on this post!