Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Kenny Mayne

A girl at work read my blog and feels I need to "spice it up" a little bit. I guess knowing my family reads the blog keeps it boring. Maybe I'll start a different blog that is geared for a different audience where I get a little crude or something. Then again this girl is absolutely mortified that people knows she reads Sci-Fi / Fantasy. I'll come up with something.

Kenny Mayne was at work today on a book tour. His new book An Incomplete and Inaccurate History of Sport:... and Other Random Thoughts from Childhood to Fatherhood came out recently and if you get a chance to see him go for it. He is hilarious, random, and personable. They were giving away signed copies and I got one so that's a victory in itself.

My brother graduated from College on Saturday. Sorry I couldn't be there to see you walk across the stage or whatever USD does. My graduation day is pretty blurry, Mom you should stop reading now but I was pretty hung over and possibly still drunk for my ceremony. I remember drinking lots of Vodka Cranberries the night before, falling out bed trying to hit the alarm button, having the girl next to me during the ceremony ask if I was still drunk, (I don't think so?) and trying to stop my head from pounding. Owen, I hope you were in better shape than I was.

Maybe I'll approach my blog a little more like Rachel. That would spice it up a little.

2 comments:

Jay ... said...

Oh Murphy's Irish Pub and your "tall" vodka crans. I think Molly was working that night and she was pouring them strong. I think we made it to 8 or 9.

Chus said...

This is what I think: Kenny Mayne