Sunday, March 9, 2008

Things I've Done...

Since my last post Feb 28th are pretty crazy.

It must because it was a leap year because it wasn't a full moon. On Friday February 29th, Leap Day, I was talking with my friend David about some random stuff on the way to work and nothing out of the ordinary came up. When I got to work it was a standard day for a couple of hours when Leap Day fever struck. I started thinking about the upcoming Marquette game on Saturday and how I missed going to games. One thing lead to another and on Friday at 11:45 I used airline miles to get a ticket to Milwaukee. I left work at 12:15, packed a backpack (not even a bag), went to the airport at 2pm, flew to Milwaukee on my 3:15 flight. I got to Milwaukee at 11:30pm central time.

Marquette ended up losing one of the best games I've attended. A great game will be remembered whether MU wins or loses and now I remember 4 MU games and one UWM game. The rest of the weekend is kind of a blur. With so little time to prepare I didn't really get a chance to plan everything out but I saw a lot of people and had a great time in the few days I was there. I got to see a lot of friends and some former co-workers and I got a decent amount of work done while I was on the road and it was great. That is about as spontaneous as I can get and using airline miles was a great idea. A free flight is a great thing but I'm not sure flying often enough to garner that many miles is a good thing. I guess if I have to fly I might as well get the miles for it for the occasional spur of the moment trip like this.

This weekend I went Mountain Biking. I learned 3 things: I'm terribly out of shape, I need to work on my shifting (my wrist hurts too), and lastly and perhaps most importantly - my ass hurts. Wow. I had a great time and I'm going to look into purchasing fun mountain biking stuff - like a bike rack - because the hills are a long ride away. All things considered it was a great time but it just means I need to get in shape. REI is going to get tons of my money in the future.

Today I went to a movie, Semi-Pro (save your money) and I rode the SLUT. SLUT actually is a misnomer but everybody in Seattle is starting to call it that. The South Lake Union Trolley is actually not the name of the mass transit device I was riding. I was actually riding the SLU Streetcar but who wants to call it that? SLUT rolls of the tongue much easier and is way more humorous. My office is going to relocate to the South Lake Union area in a few years so maybe I'll be able to ride the SLUT everyday.

This upcoming week I fly to Phoenix on Friday for the co-bachelor party for my friends David and Mike. I'm standing in both weddings which is kind of crazy but a great honor at the same time. On the way home from Phoenix I'm going to Las Vegas for work. That's right I'll be going from a bachelor party to Las Vegas on St. Patrick's day. That leads into the NCAA tourney weekend. I love March madness!

Note to Jay - the Baked Potato button on my microwave worked pretty well. I long bake in the oven would be preferable but the Microwave option worked pretty well. You have to have a microwave when you make a steak. I suppose a vegetable would be nice too but that would have been a lot of work. I'll eat a carrot....

No comments: