Monday, March 24, 2008

One Year

I've lived in Seattle exactly one year. Last year I got back from Ireland on St. Pats, worked at Roundy's for 2 days, packed and did laundry for one day, moved to Seattle on the 22nd, and I started work on the 26th. I'm not sure if time flew by or went slow but it's been an eventful year. I've flown more in the last 15 months that I probably did in the 5 years prior to moving, I've done more hiking than ever before, learned what a bumbershoot is, and most importantly figured out who some of my best friends are - so thanks and you know who you are. I've made some good friends out here and I'm working on a few more. Challenging times indeed.

According to Wikipedia.org Easter is on the 1st Sunday after the 1st full more that is on or after the Vernal Equinox. Meaning this is about the earliest Easter possible and it feels super early compared to last year. Early Easter does mean my parents anniversary is coming soon, 34 years or something crazy like that. I spend Saturday watching the Marquette vs. Stanford game (MU lost a great game in overtime) and then went out in the Ballard neighborhood with my friends. Sunday I brought a ham and store bought pumpkin pie over to Brandon and Lisa's and they did the potatoes and veggies. Our own Easter tradition I guess.

When I was flying from Phoenix to Las Vegas last week I did a Sudoku puzzle in the back of the airplane magazine and now I'm hooked. I bought a book in the airport on the way home and I now I'm solving a couple of the "easy" puzzles a day. This might be a phase but right now I'm hooked.

I'm watching Dancing with the Stars to see what could possibly have hooked my mother and I still have no idea.

Where to go on vacation this fall, Western Europe, Asia, or Eastern Europe. Or save money to buy a boring place to live. Decisions, Decisions.

Oh yeah - the even news is leading with it's "cold" tonight. Cold = 34 degrees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, time flies. I can't believe it's already been a year since you moved out there. Glad to see you're still enjoying yourself in Seattle!

-Drew