Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What happens in Phoenix... stays in Phoenix??

So once again it's been a few days I since I posted last. Blame this one more on Marquette games last week and travel over the weekend. I watched a few MU Big East tourney games last week and I left for the bachelor party on Friday night. Friday afternoon I left work a little early to head to Phoenix, for a few days of sun and baseball. My friends David and Mike are getting married in April and June respectively and since the friends are a similar group it was decided to combine the forces of evil and have a larger destination bachelor party instead of two smaller ones, which was nice for me, one party means less travel expense for me.

Anyway, landed in Phoenix, drank some beers, blankity blankity blank blank, and watched some spring training baseball games. It was good times and we learned that Phoenix has weird mounds/hills all over the place, it was very strange. I got an appropriate amount of sun, meaning that I didn't burn the crap out of myself, which if you've ever met me that's a pretty amazing fact. I burn under a fluorescent light if I'm not wearing sunscreen. Anyway, spring training was great and I would love to do it again but what happens in Phoenix stays in Phoenix. FYI, blankity blank sounds funny and does not actually signify anything special.

On Monday, I got and went to Vegas for a days of work. I went to an industry trade show and worked from my hotel room. I wish I did something more exciting but I was tired from Phoenix. I did some gambling and betting in a sports book to kill some time before I flew home. It doesn't really matter if you gamble or not it's really hard not to have a good time in Vegas, it's almost like a drug with all the lights, noise, and general activity. I landed at 11am and it was almost like I instantly went from tired and sleepy to wide awake and happy. Stayed at Caesars Palace and enjoyed my free upgrade room. Back to work now I guess.

Tomorrow is Marquette vs. Kentucky at 11:30 or so. I'm going to leave work and take an extra long "lunch" while I go watch the game. Kentucky is evil and must be destroyed! That leads into the weekend; this weekend Easter and I'm making a Easter feast with my friends Brandon and Lisa. I'm doing the Ham, the Pumpkin pie (and maybe an apple pie too), and the mushrooms my mom makes. I don't even like mushrooms but apparently they're really good. Yes, I'm aware that our feast seems eclectic but we're ok with that because it's just the 3 of us and we like random foods. I'm thinking a port wine, jelly, brown sugar combo for the ham glaze.

First day of spring on the 20th and my mom has a birthday. She turns blankity blank tomorrow.

No comments: