Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Can seagulls have high cholesterol?

So long since my last post! While I have now solved the issue of wireless internet by purchasing a broadband card my computer is on the fritz. I'll get that fixed soon but until then there will be no new pictures uploaded and there are some good ones on deck. Worst case I need to reinstall windows and then some might be lost but most are still on my camera. Those random clear days out here are pretty amazing with mountains everywhere.

I went to Kentucky a few weeks ago for work and it was a pain. Two days of traveling for one day worth of meetings seemed a bit excessive but things were accomplished so I guess it was a productive trip. Did you know there are still dry counties out there? In KY 53 of 120 counties are dry and we happened to be in one of them, which would have been bad enough but 4 of the 5 surrounding counties were also dry. It's like Friday's during lent normally I wouldn't care but since I couldn't have a beer I wanted one more than ever. Aside from the dry county part this part of KY reminded me a lot of North Dakota. It was a pretty small town with only a couple of major employers and a lot of service industry jobs but the people seemed happy.

I feel like I did something exciting the week of Feb 3rd but I can't seem to remember what it is. When you don't post often you tend to forget these things I guess. Maybe I'm turning into my parents? Ah yes. The Super Bowl. Blah for the most part. The game was good but after 2 weeks of hype I was ready for it to be over and the commercials were pretty bland this year.

This weekend happened only a few days ago so I can remember it pretty well. Saturday was caucus day in Seattle and lots of people were out and about but I did not partake. I went to the Seattle Aquarium instead with my friends Brandon and Lisa. The aquarium was nice but not $15 nice so that will be reserved for visitors instead. I hate people who insist on bringing these massive honking strollers everywhere. I understand the need for strollers - but if you don't even keep your kids in them - leave them in the car!! Color me annoyed.

We continued our journey down the Seattle waterfront until we hit Ivar's fish bar. Ivar's is great because they somehow have trained seagulls to like eating their French Fries. It sounds a little weird I know but when you're there it's wild. You might as well be in the movie The Birds with seagulls swarming around your heads and making a lot of racket. This feeding prompted my dietitian friend Lisa to ask, "Can seagulls have high cholesterol?" and that sealed the day.

Later that night we cooked up some steaks, played Cribbage, and went bowling. Good times indeed.

1 comment:

Jay ... said...

glad to see you purchased some Internet.

So with cable and DVR, your bill for technology each month must be pushing near the 200.00 mark. Not even including the cellular bill.

XM 90's has Ricky Martin on... is he out of the closet yet?

- Lackey