Sunday, February 17, 2008

Photos!

I know I've told some people about making wine when I went home for Christmas. Here is the "cask" we used. It was a simple recipe involving grape juice, sugar, yeast, and well, that was about it. A milkjug was used to store the liquids and my dad was diligent in keeping track of the dates activity occured. Like moving the wine from the fermenting milkjug to the aging milkjug.








So I went to my buddies place over the Christmas break, maybe I should refer to him as a partner in crime. This is a picture of the bottle of homemade wine we drank while I was at his place. We have no idea what kind of alcohol content we ended up with but a good descriptor of the wine would be tart.













When I was done drinking the wine I put on this hat. I know I'm not an elf but I was amused with myself. I ate a bowl of spaghetti, syrup, and M&M's when I was done. Then I sang baby it's cold outside... or not.










Seattle had a few clear days in a row and these are pictures I took of the course of a few days. This is looking to the East at the Cascades from the Capitol Hill neighborhood. Seattle isn't the capitol but the top has good views in almost every direction if you know where to go.










This was taken of the Olympics looking back to the West. Note the Space Needle in the lower left corner. The Olympics seem huge at times and at others they seem very accessible. I think it depends on how high up or obscured your view is.










This looking to the Southwest. My building is the tall black one on the left. A new office is in the works but it won't open for several years yet. I guess it takes a while to build offices for 3000 people. I work on the 13th floor so the view isn't the best but it's pretty solid.









There is a former military base turned forest preserve by the name of Discovery Park. It's on Puget Sound about as far West as the city of Seattle goes. It's a pretty cool piece of real estate and it has some native residents. This is the Eagle who lives at the top of an evergreen tree. Eagles make a lot of noise... I had no idea they were so vocal. I don't have a picture of the Coyote yet.









My attempt at being artistic includes the driftwood in front of the Discovery Point lighthouse. It's not the most imposing lighthouse but it qualifies.












The sunrise out my office window. Pretty nice on a clear day. This is a pretty common occurance in the summer but in the winter this is even more amazing.











I moved a little closer to the window to get a shot of the Olympic Mountains across Puget Sound.












Later that day the sunset somewhere to the Southwest and gave off this purple coloration. I thought it was pretty and someday I'll go up to the observation deck at the top of my building to get the panoramic view.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics T-rel! I love that area, I wish Ali and I had the time or $ to drop in on you soon!

-Drew

Virgin Heat said...

t-rel! i googled my name and found your blog site. good to know you are doing well; i, myself, am back in Indiana, but still (at least try) to keep in touch with Lackey and some of the guys. let me know what's up. powerplay14@hotmail.com. take care.
virgin heat