Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Milwaukee and the Space Needle

I flew to Milwaukee on a whim this last weekend. On Wednesday I was walking to work and I calling people to kill some time when I decided to fly to Milwaukee for the weekend. David and Emily were having an engagement party and it was the time for Summerfesting. I had nothing going on and a reason to go home. It cost a little more than I'd like but what are you going to do you - things cost money.

I was a little late leaving work and that made me catch a different bus than I wanted. That made me even later but the kicker was that Northwest screwed up my reservation. After everything was straightened out I missed my flight and ended up sleeping on the floor of the MSP airport. I cannot recommend sleeping on the floor there. Milwaukee was a great time. I got to pick out my MU tickets and see some people I really was excited about. The engagement party was great - got to see tons of people and it was excellent. I miss my friends in Milwaukee it's a better town than people give it credit for.

Today I bought sunglasses. Somebody stole my good pair and my cheap pair finally broke. It's been very sunny here the last few days and it was time to upgrade the specs. On the way home I took the testament 1960 Jetson technology, the Monorail, to Seattle Center. Seattle Center is home of the Space Needle, EMP (Experience Music Project), a random football stadium that I can't fathom the need for, a few museums, an Imax, and a few other educatonal and/or public use type things. I finally gave in and spent the money and went up to the top of the Space Needle. It's probably a little overrated but certainly not a total rip of. The view to the south of Mt. Rainer made it worth it in my mind.

Tomorrow is the 4th and I figure I'll go hiking or something and do some grilling later in the evening. I like this day off in the middle of the week thing. I need to have more 2 day weeks. Happy Birthday America.

No comments: