Wednesday, July 18, 2007

S and S

Starbucks and Sushi. I stopped by the original Starbucks on my way to work this morning. Guess what, coffee tastes the same. It's pretty small and really unassuming but I guess everything has to start somewhere. *Edit* I'm supposed to mention they should somehow do something to make the store as the 1st. The conclusion Kelly and I arrived at is they should put a giant #1 on the cup or the heat sleeve. I do think they should do something to make a visit there different than from a normal store. It's in Pike Place Market and it is really slow in the morning because the market isn't open but if you go in the afternoon or on a weekend it is so packed you can't even get inside.

I also had sushi for the 4th time tonight, the 1st since I've moved to Seattle in fact. I was pretty good but I still struggle with chopsticks and it takes me a while to eat raw fish. I can do it but it takes me a little while to get used to the texture. I have enough people coming to visit in the next few months I'm sure I'll get the chance to eat plenty of sushi. Here's to practice!

I sent in the form for UW (Washington) men's season basketball tickets over the weekend also. I'm going to be a proud season ticket holder of two fine basketball programs. Marquette and UW. I figure I'll hopefully get to a few MU games this year and I needed to have local season tickets to get my BB fix. I may have to rethink this whole process next year but that's a long ways off and there are a lot of games to go to.

I was happy it rained in Seattle today, all that sun was getting old. Talk to me in February old how much I like the rain.

No comments: