Sunday, July 29, 2007

Photo's!



This is a picture taken from the Bainbridge Ferry looking back at downtown Seattle. I work in the black building in the background.







I drove to some trail in the Olympic Mountains across Puget Sound. It was cloudy and foggy.







This is the scary trail I climbed on the way to the top of Mt. Zion. I felt a little like Dorothy going through the forest. It was wet and dark at noon this fine day.








This is the view from the bus stop in front of my apartment. I walk or take the bus. A lot stop in front of my place and most get me pretty close to work.






As you can see I live about 4 blocks away from the Space Needle. I don't even notice it anymore.







This is view from my desk. It's almost straight west and the snowcaps are the Olympic Mountains on the other side of Puget Sound.







This is the stage at The Gorge amphitheater. The Columbia river in the distance and looking pretty amazing if you ask me. The nice thing about the Gorge as a venue is the lack of seats. The whole place is general admission.






A different view of the place and it was a perfect day.







This is a waterfall on the way to the top of Bandera Mountain. This was a different hike.







This is looking to the South from the trail I was hiking. I was getting high enough the clouds made the light do tricky things.







I was high enough to be in the clouds here, maybe around 4000 ft or so. This is a boulder field. I didn't think to point something to reference the size in the pictures but the average size was about as big as a couch or so. Pretty hard to move them around to say the least - I think the trail was blasted.





Once I got above 4000 ft there was plenty of snow. It was melting very fast and was helping to create the waterfall on the way up. There were some hidden lakes up here that couldn't be seen because of the clouds. Stupid clouds.







The neatest thing at the top was this bird. He was crazy and dived bombed me twice. I left a little bit of bread out from him and he left me alone. There would be cool pictures but the stupid clouds again. Not much to see.







This is the best visual of the air pressure differences between 5240 feet above sea level and 1500 feet above sea level. I finished this bottle on top and took it out once I got to the bottom. You don't really feel it when you're climbing but obviously there are some serious pressures at work.

If these pictures are huge I'm sorry. I wanted to get them posted first - I'll work on the formatting the next time around.

1 comment:

Stephen Paske said...

You're a sellout and you never should have left. You leave a city where excessive consumption of beer, cheese, and bratwurst is glorified and expect to find happiness in a place where the main staples are salmon and hummis. Roundys is well on its way to world domination and would love to have your services back. And besides, who the heck am I going to watch football with this season? Crap.