Sunday, November 1, 2009

Things

I went to the MLS (that's Major League Soccer) playoff game on Thursday and ended up sitting in the Family Section (Code named No Alcohol = No Fun). It was pretty exciting and ended in a tie. Go Sounders! Honestly, live soccer is pretty fun and way more exciting to watch than I would have ever expected. That was my 4th game of the year and it was worth the money.

Thursday was also the day I resumed my Big Brother / Big Sister (BBBS) role at a local Seattle school. The way the program is designed my "little" from last year moved onto the 6th grade and I get a new "little" this year. To refresh: I go in for about an hour worth of chatting/playing every week during the school year and generally hang out with a elementary student to provide some stability. Go kids. This years kid is hilarious and is a reason the program exists. A good kid with a weird situation who could just use somebody to talk to. School lunch is STILL awful and the teachers at the new school seem a bit sharper than last year's already.

Saturday (Halloween) I went to a party with some friends. They added us onto the party list because it had an RSVP attached to it. Unbeknownst to my friends it was a surprise wedding. We arrived to a party that had catering, photographers, magicians, and a real circus performing emcee. After some general discussion is was discovered that Frankenstein would really be marrying the Bride of Frankenstein in a relatively bizarre ritual. The Bride and Monster spent over $1000 having a professional Makeup Artist apply their makeup, apparently he was the artist on the Van Helsing monsters. I only took a few photos with my phone but they will give you the gist. It was probably the coolest wedding I ever crashed - open bar, a giant costume party, I didn't have to provide a gift since I crashed, and it was a surprise for almost everybody involved.











The Wedding Ceremony




















The First Dance


















The Crowd 1



















The Crowd 2





























Scary Jess (the Pig) and Scary Kelli (the Dark Queen)

I'm too lazy to get the formatting right so these captions correspond with the pictures in sequence.

I also have downloaded some other random photos worth posting.











The Kites from the Kite Festival in August.



















Adult Toys on a desk at work. We sell these oddly enough.



















I was part of a team that won a small award at work called a "Door Desk" and you get a mini desk signed by the boss man.



















I'm a gnome this Halloween. It's felt, a snuggie, and some hot glue to hold things in place. Jessica is a master of hot glue.




















If you ever see an Elmo like this - you should return it. It is obviously unsafe.

The Vikings also defeated the Packers today and the Brett Favre experiment is working out well so far. The season is far from over and I'm still skeptical. When we make the Super Bowl I'll change my mind.

Screw the Yankees.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Dang, who officiated that wedding, Dracula?! It looks like one hell of a party!