Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dallas

I had to go to Dallas last Monday for work and rather than leave Sunday night and return Monday night I decided to go down a little early and spend a day with my college buddy John. I've been to Muenster 3 times now and every time it's fun a reminds me a little bit of Lisbon. I got to eat some BBQ and some cleverly named shots and just have a blast in general. I spent Sunday with my old boss from Roundy's, coincidentally also named John, and had some solid Tex Mex. I learned that 7 year old kids have a different sense of humor than adults, thanks for the surprise Smith.

I'm heading to the Cities for Thanksgiving and there should be turkey and fixings. That's all I need. I'm going to watch football (and Marquette) while gorging myself on food. Mmmmm.

This Thursday I went to a Seattle U basketball game. The Redhawks play a few blocks away and have super duper cheap seats because they are transitioning to D-1. They are going to lose a lot but I might look into getting season tickets for next year because you get a lot for your money AND people can hear you heckle because it's a huge arena that is only partially full. Hmmmmmm. Heckling!



Since I wrote a post last I think my crown story has taken place in full. 3 weeks ago I realized I had what I thought was a sharp spot on a lower moral. Being the smart person that I am I figured it was related to a recent filling on that tooth that may have fallen out or something. The dentist corrected me and said it was decay and a chunk of tooth might have been lost and I would need a crown. Great. I went back a few days later and got a crown (and temporary) and just this week I had the porcelain crown put on for what I hope is a really long time. It freaking hurt all the way around. I would recommend brushing your teeth to prevent crowns because they don't feel good. I imagine a root canal to considerably more awful so I think I'll brush a floss a lot from here on out.

The Vikings destroyed to local Seattle Seahawks today. I'm still not sure I trust Brett Favre but I'll share bandwagon duties for now.

The origin of my name has a Wikipedia entry as well.

1 comment:

John (the other one) said...

That's Smith for you... always something new... It was good to see you.