Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Exciting Things! Not really.

There hasn't been a lot going on since the last post. I did go to an all out Halloween party last weekend on the East side. East side of Lake Washington that is! My friend Kylene has crazy parents who throw an all out bash complete with "shows" consisting of Magicians and card trick type stuff. Jessica and I went as lawn ornaments, I was a gnome and she was a pink flamingo. Pictures will follow shortly, and I actually mean it for once.

Thursday, I'm going to a MLS soccer playoff game. While I've never been a huge soccer fan or anything I find myself somewhat interested now that I have a team in close proximity and they happen to be winners. Live sports are great if the fan experience is either all out like College BB or something low key like a baseball game in mid season. Anyway, The Sounders are playing the Houston Dynamo and it should be fun.

Speaking of College BB, I got my season tickets in the mail today. This will be my third season not living in Milwaukee but this year I changed how the tickets will be working, no more "good" seats for me. I downgraded to 2 seats in the upper deck for much less money and intend to give them away for less desirable games and sell them for more interesting games. I figure I should at least be able to recoup my money on these seats since they were only $99 apiece for the whole season, and compared to my old seats, these are dirt cheap.

I need the Vikings to keep winning and beat the Packers this weekend. That is about the most important thing happening in my sports fan world in the next few days. I'm going to watch the World Series but I don't really have a rooting interest other than cheering against the Yankees which sort of makes me a defacto Phillies fan.

Apparently the NBA started playing tonight. Shows how much I care.

I did get to witness a bit of excitement the other day I guess now that I think about it. I work in a huge building and there is a bank branch in the lobby. Yesterday somebody tried to rob it and it resulted in a standoff and shoot out of some sort. How does a cop blow it and let the guy get away?

I'll try to get in a routine and post more often again. It was decent for a while.

No comments: