Monday, July 28, 2008

Oh Man

In my mail tonight was an primary election flyer containing profiles for all the people running for office. Normally I skim through these and would never post about politics because I assume people couldn't give a crap about my political leanings of beliefs. In good faith I MUST pass along this nugget of joy.

I live in WA Congressional District 7, currently Jim McDermott is the man representing the district. Jim is a professional politician and chair several committees and sub committees. Jim = Boring. He has several challengers.

Steve Beren is a real challenger. Real Challenger = boring.
Donovan Rivers looks like a real challenger. = boring.
Al Schaefer looks to correct injustice. His is moderately funny but doesn't have a website for me to link to. = Funny
Mark A. Goldman Wants to "...defend the moon and stars, the air we breath, the oceans and the rivers, the plants, and all living things upon this our Mother Earth...". His website is here this guy deserves a wow. I would draw attention to this commentary - Sudoku as a Model for Finding Freedom, Peace and Happiness. Don't actually click but there are ton more out there than this. This is only the second coolest person running for Representative in my area...

The final guy is way out there in more ways that one - Goodspaceguy Nelson is running for Congress in my area. Mr. Goodspaceguy Nelson refers to himself in the 3rd person, his family is "The life of Spaceship Earth" - that's right he lives on Spaceship Earth. His significant career experience is ".... wants to advance rejuvenation and medical technology and wants tall buildings and more movies to be made in Washington State. This guy deserves a WOW!!!!

His websites are

Colonize Orbital Space and
Our Spaceship Earth in case the titles of his blogs didn't clue you in his major plank is colonizing orbital space.

I can only hope Mr. Goodspaceguy Nelson somehow makes it though the primary because it would be hilarious to get more campaign literature from him. I might be the only one who finds this funny but it was cracking me up.

Jay came through - Spook is actually Peter Skardoff. Scared - off = Spook, get it.

The only time Kathy Pryo made the POS voting list is when she used a digital phone to disrupt a party at 201. She could call us faster than we could hang up the phone it was insane (like Kathy) and I think we resolved it by unplugging the phone. It was the Halloween party as my POS notes indicate and if I remember she just got done stealing a chair from my roommate. She was a pyro, a thief, and relatively crazy.

No comments: