Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Recap and photo's

It's been a long time since I've posted because it's been a busy few weeks. I think my parents and Aunt Cindy arrived a day or two after the last post and since then I've been on the move. I took a couple of days off and showed them around Seattle and the surrounding mountains. The 4th happened while they were here and I live really close to one of the big fireworks shows in Seattle. Having a rooftop deck came in handy when there were thousands of cars and people trying to move around. Location - location - location.

My parents left on a Tuesday and I left on a work trip to the East Coast. The work trip bookended a visit to my friend Kelly in Philadelphia. We worked together years ago at Beechwood Sales & Service, back when Anheuser Busch was an American Company, and we've stayed friends ever since. Now we live on opposite ends of the country and it was a great time.

I'm tired and there are lots of photo's today so it's a slideshow for me.



Here is the link to Pass the Pigs

Kelly also has parlayed working for a beer wholesaler in to working for a microbrewery by the name of Victory Brewing and they have a lot of good beers and I tried a lot of them. I would list all of the various different beers I enjoyed on my trip but my mother already thinks I'm an alcoholic... I'm not...

I got home last week and spent a few days getting back in the swing of things. In the last 6 weeks I've been away from my desk for over 3 of them. Some of those were work related absences but it's still time away from the desk. I'm actually excited to be at my desk for the next few weeks and get caught up and maybe even ahead but I won't hold my breath on getting ahead.

A few months ago I was in the wedding of my friends David and Emily. "Little E" was kind enough to send me a few photo's for posting here on the blog. After weeding my way through 900+ photo's I picked a few I liked out and put them on a slideshow. Trying to format a photo heavy blog is a huge pain and I just wasn't up the the challenge tonight.



Good times were had by all. David + Emily and Jay + Mary will be coming out here over Labor Day so I expect some shenanigans will ensue.

Saw The Dark Knight over the weekend and it is worth seeing on a big screen so I would recommend paying matinée prices to check it out if you like that kind of movie.

More entries to follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE A CONNECTION AT VICTORY?!!! Lucky bastard! I love their Hop Devil and Prima Pils beers...great stuff!

-Drew