Monday, April 28, 2008

Devil's Three Way

Best Blog Title EVER! People with mature senses of humor shouldn't Google it.

I saw Saving Sarah Marshall last weekend and it was very funny. I have no idea why I didn't mention it earlier but I should have. It was much better than the latest Will Ferrell efforts and probably better on par with some of the best comedies of late.

Last week I went and ate at the Steelhead Diner again, had the pulled pork and it was good. It's a good place overall - the second visit was not quite as good as the first time I went but still good. It completes the circle because the last time I went there I broke my old glasses and I only recently got the new glasses. Closure or something profound like that right? Symbolic or some nonsense perhaps?

Noticing I tend to start most paragraphs off with the word "I". In an effort to improve the readability efforts will be made to work on grammar, tense, and writing style.

This weekend was amazing weather wise in Seattle. Almost 70, clear skies, and generally good visibility, which is almost more rare than the clear skies. Anyway, in anticipation of the parental units visit in a few months I decided to do some scouting and check out some touristy locales. This week was Bainbridge Island, a short ferry ride across the sound, and it was well worth the effort. It's a small town and I felt like I was in the middle of a TV show like Northern Exposure or Wings because everybody knew each other - it was very surreal and very nice.

Later than night I went to a show at Neumos and saw a band called Awesome that a guy from work is in. Man, lots of links in this entry!

Tonight, Monday, I was watching How I Met Your Mother and they made reference to a "Devil's Three Way" and having spent years in college with plenty of bizarre friends (Ron and Alex specifically) I'm more comfortable with weird terms like this than is probably healthy. I didn't actually know what it meant and the cursory explanation on the show didn't satisfy me so here is the link to the Urban Dictionary entry: Devil's Three Way and this in turn led me to the Lucky Pierre. People over 35 should only click on these links at there own risk. I'm pretty sure this was only put on the internet a few hours ago, or around the time of the East Coast airing of the show. Gotta love the internet.

It was changed from 30 to 35 as a friend just celebrated his 3rd annual 30th birthday party. Someday down the road I be 30 too I guess. Where did my 20's go?

1 comment:

Drew said...

How is it 70's in Seattle and snowing here?! This sucks. Although it's better than having a Lucky Pierre or a Devil's 3 way.