Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Waterfalls, wedding(s), and more

I've been busy for a few weeks but I'm going to start off with something new. A few weeks ago I went for a hike about 45 minutes away in town called Goldbar. I have no idea about the gold history there but I like the name of the town. The hike had some waterfalls and instead of loading 20 pictures I can't really tell apart I'm going to embed a slideshow so bear with me if this doesn't look so hot.



That led into last weekend. I was supposed to leave for Milwaukee on Wednesday for my friends wedding. I was intending to leave early in order to see friends and run errands, like getting my suit cleaned. American Airlines canceled a ton of flights because of the wiring on the Boeing MD-80, I was flying Midwest, which had the same issues without all the press coverage. Midwest flies into Seattle once a day so I ended up landing in Milwaukee about 27 hours late. It worked out OK in the end but I missed my chance to see some people from Beechwood, which was two jobs ago. Shannon and Reggie also deserve credit for letting me stay at their place and for assisting in the errand running.

I met David the first week of college and we (David and I) met Emily at the exact same time just over 5 years ago. It meant a lot to me to be a part of their wedding. Here is a picture of me from the wedding - tip of the had to Jay. My Color! It snowed during the pictures and everybody had a great time. There probably will be more pictures down the road sometime but not at present as I didn't take my camera.

Sunday, the day after the wedding, about 20 people met for breakfast and later I went to my friends Jay and Mary's house for the day. We watched Rock of Love II and I made a run to Taco Bell for Mary's Grad school group. Again, thanks for letting me spend the night at the newly acquired casa de Lackey.

Today, I picked up the expensive, yet stylish pair of glasses. I'm going to wear them to work tomorrow and maybe take a picture or two. I'm still freaked out about the cost but what the heck - it's only money.

On a completely unrelated note, my friend from college, Pat Milhizer, was vindicated when a cougar was shot in the Roscoe Village neighborhood of Chicago. He was quoted in this article in the Chicago Sun Times and to be perfectly honest I wouldn't have believed him either.

I don't know if everybody gets the ION channel (get it - televisION?) but they are showing regular Quantum Leap repeats right now; which makes them OK in my book.

No comments: