Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Same Story Second Verse

So, at Roundy's I was managing a data entry department responsible for new item set up and item maintenance. As a subset of that I managed a few processes, including the new item set up process. Imagine the joy I had when I was invited to a Kaizon, a high intensity meeting designed to document current and future process, fix bottlenecks and eliminate wasted time and steps designed by Toyota.

I spent today with members of the consumable team documenting the new item process as it stands today. I think we can cut the time involved by at least 80% if not even more. At Roundy's the ultimate "speed to shelf" goal was 24 hour turn around and I don't know why Amazon can't get to the same point. I have already gone through a large number of these steps at Roundy's and I think we can implement a large number of the same process steps and designs that were already in place or we developed once the process was rolled out.

Totally unrelated by why haven't the Soprano's been this good the entire time? The last episodes have been totally wild and much more in line with the early season episodes. Drama, intrigue, and suspense are at maximum levels right now and it's a shame they haven't been here for the last couple of seasons. The ratings for the last Soprano's (until the movie) are going to be incredibly high these last few days.

Bands that have been good listening lately... Voxtrot - Fratelli's - Mute Math.... the 4 people who read this probably have already heard about them from me but you should recommend them to other people.

No comments: