Saturday, June 9, 2007

Peanut Butter

Yesterday I went to a bar called the Firehouse for lunch. They had a bunch of burger options that were pretty standard but one caught my eye, The Peanut Butter Bacon Burger. I'm willing to take some chances with food and in my search for good burger I assumed any place willing to gamble like that would have a good burger. The burgers were average at best - the search for a good burger continues - but the peanut butter burger was different. I thought it was halfway decent because it was something different and it was a good mix a flavor with the bacon. It was more subtle than I had anticipated.

Today is some random volunteer event I signed up for when I got hired. It's called Seattle Works and sounds similar to Hunger Clean Up in Milwaukee. A bunch of people get together - clean up a park and drink some beer after. It's Seattle so of course it's going to be halfway rainy today. I can't complain however the weather's been pretty good so far this summer. While I wait for the rain to start I'm watching Serpico, the Al Pacino movie about NYC police corruption in the 70's. It's a pretty good movie and if even half is true it's pretty crazy.

Off to clean up a park.

No comments: