Thursday, December 18, 2008

"He's got a board, with a nail in it!"

That is a line from an early Simpsons Halloween episode - Treehouse of Terror III to be exact - it is exceptionally appropriate today. I am not an inventor really, I can improve process and figure out how things work but to invent things is hard since my brain isn't wired that way.

Today I had my invention idea that I'm going to sell to the city of Seattle. Rock Salt and some sort of device to "spread it around" would be an amazing thing. I read the city of Seattle has a grand total of 30 snow plows (I don't know if they go out when it snows however) and the city pretty much has to fend for itself as there is no way 30 plows can keep up with any sort of snowfall in a city this size.

Because the plows can't keep up with any snow it accumulates, and when it's wet, like today, it compacts and starts turning into ice. Here is where my rock salt spreading device would be amazing! Rock salt melts snow and ice!! 2 inches of snow doesn't need to be the storm of the century! In the suburbs there is legit snow falling and up in the mountains I'm sure it's crazy. Those places are exempted from my rock salt spreading device. I think they have fascinating pieces of machinery to move snow around!!

All sarcasm aside. It's dangerous outside because people are driving on roads that are 100% iced over because they haven't been cleared. Kind of crazy.

No comments: