Monday, October 8, 2007

Reverbfest

I've loaded the Soapbox Derby videos to youtube. It was ridiculously easy and they've already been watched a few times, maybe I have the next great viral video or something. I'm going to work on embedding the videos in the blog so bear with me if this isn't a smooth operation.

This weekend was pretty quick. Saturday evening I meet up with some friends in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle for a musical event called reverbfest. It was a pretty good deal - for $10 you got a wristband that would let into any one of 8 (I think) bars that had live music going on. They had a wide variety of musical types and limited stage time so no one single band was on for more than 45 - 50 minutes before the next band was on. It was a pretty unique set up and we discovered some new bars and some interesting bands. The band TacocaT (Taco caT is an anagram) was particularly memorable for songs that were completely inappropriate, and for having a song about Peeps that incorporated a kazoo. The other band that stood out was The Bad Things for having an accordion, castanets, and a stand up bass. Good times indeed but they are no Riverwest Accordion Club.

My cable company in Seattle was Millennium Digital Cable. Millennium is now Broadstripe according to the TV commercial I just saw. They still are a terrible Cable company and I wish I had another option of any sort.

I just watched part of Rocky III - I forgot how truly awful that movie is. The Hulk Hogan wrestling/boxing scene was terrible but I was happy to find out his character was named Sugar Lips.

On to the youtube links.

As mentioned earlier - mother avert your eyes. It's a little naughty for your old fashioned sensibilities. The Crash If it looks a little weird it's because my camera was having a hard time picking up the video screen.

A crapper making a turn. Crapper This one is even more funny because apparently the UHaul they were transporting this vehicle around in had was stolen. Imagine opening a UHaul to find that thing.

This is just a flat out Bizarre routine. Every soapbox car had a routine and this was one of the more strange ones I caught on film - they also couldn't make it through the chicane turn and crashed really hard. The judges of the routines included Sir-Mix-A-Lot, a Seattle native, and some other random nobodies. Sir-Mix was very impressed with the Seattle Supersonics cheerleader routine.

I'm not sure how people embed the video's so now I'm going to some research.... because I don't want to do more laundry.

No comments: