Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Redbull Soapbox Derby

Uploading videos takes FOR - EVER to quote the Sandlot. Seriously I've been loading these three (If they ever load) videos for days now and it's been a huge pain in the ass. Last Saturday, the 29th, I went to a Soapbox Derby put on by Redbull. If you'v seen a Redbull TV commerical you know that they have a slighly different sense of humor. I took a bunch of pictures and a few videos with my camera which as have been a pain in the ass. I want to say some of the random weird things I took pictures of video of would be out of the normal but the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle is pretty eclectic and strange. I'm mean they a 20 foot high statue of Lenin, a Troll, and plently of other randomness. I took these video's with my camera so they're surprisingly good, the audio in particular surprised me. The first video is of a crapper making a turn. If these video's don't post I'm going to be annoyed. They show up in the "preview" that I can see. If you want to see them email me or leave a comment and I'll either send them to you or figure out a way to put them on the internet and link to them... youtube or something.





The only crash I got on video. I had bad timing with the videos or else we would there be some serious carnage. Betwen the berm and the chicane turn lots of people didn't make it to the bottom. My parental unit may not approve. Mother - avert your eyes. It's little naughty.




This is the most crazy routine we got to see. Something strange must have happened with upload because it should be pretty long. In case you couldn't already tell I was taping a video screen atthe event.



Here a few of the pictures that I took during the course of the event as well.



A Troll drinking Red Bull.












A high speed pickle.













I pity the fool going down the hill in this ride.













Lots of people!












That's a scary curve to go around. Notice the guy standing there for a sense of height.



















I wish this was out of the ordinary.










After the soapbox derby Branon and I went to watch the UW Husky's take on the #1 ranked USC Trojans. The seats were, well, I'm not really sure how I feel about them. They were on the 50 yard line - which is good - but they were the second to last row from the top - which is bad. We could see the entire field and the scoreboard pretty well but it was strange being so far under the roof and nearly as high as the luxury boxes. All told it was a pretty good game with UW in it all the way until the end.

No comments: