Sunday, October 14, 2007

Lots of airline miles

I have a wedding to go to in St. Louis in two weeks. I bought the ticket in July because I was actually prepared for once. That doesn't always happen but it was a good deal and it made sense at the time. About 6 weeks ago I found out I was going to be in Wisconsin in October "sometime" for a work visit to Appleton Wisconsin, the location of some Kimberly Clark offices. Of course the trip to Wisconsin was the same week as the wedding. Instead of flying back to Seattle on Thursday only to turn around and fly back to St. Louis on Friday I canceled my flight and did some wheeling and dealing. The end result is a partial credit my original flight and a regular tour of airports. My schedule that week now includes Minneapolis, Appleton, a rental car to O'hare, St. Louis, Phoenix, and back to Seattle. Plus, I get to spend a night in Milwaukee - which I didn't get to do earlier so I think it's a push at the end of the day.

The one weekend I don't go to a bar to watch the Vikings play awful football they end up beating the equally awful Chicago Bears. Lots of football watching this weekend in anticipation of my friend from Wisconsin visiting next weekend (yes a friend from Wisconsin is visiting me this weekend and I'll be in Wisconsin two days later for work) and the wedding down the road I took this weekend pretty easy. Baseball playoffs (does anybody care about the National League?), lots of football, and plenty of reading killed most of the weekend.

The official beginning of College Basketball was this weekend also. MU even got a commitment from somebody from the class of 2009 or something crazy like that. I do miss being in Milwaukee at times like this but I guess I'll have to make do with UW Husky basketball when the times come. I'll cheer for them and get into the games and everything but it won't be the same.

I'm excited about embedding video's in my blog. I'll be judicious with my new found power so I don't overwhelm the blog. I think I'm going to eat Ice Cream now.

No comments: