Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sasquatch

This weekend I went to George, Washington to attend Sasquatch. A festival held every year at the most visually stunning music venue I've ever seen or heard of. The stage is set so the Columbia River Gorge is in the background with cliffs and massive amounts of open space. It is downright crazy. Watched a few bands play and Two Gallants stuck out, Electrolane (girl power rock), and The Arcade Fire were all good. Citizen Cope was awful. Ugh.

To get to the Gorge you have to drive over the Cascades throught Snoqualmie pass to get to central Washingon. It's really hard to explain how crazy mountains and snow pack are. It is a pretty amazing thing and most people do it every day and don't realize how beautiful it really is. It's true - you don't realize what you have until it's gone. Wow!

Right now I'm watching the Indy 500 and debating whether I should brave the wonderful Seattle mist to do something outdoorsy today. On second thought I think I might go tomorrow when it's supposed to be sunny and very nice. Weather like that sounds like a good time to go hiking and get up high up into some of the aforementioned snow covered mountains.

I'll post some pictures of this Gorge and various other things I've been meaning to highlight since I've been out here. I've got them ready to go but I need to buy a computer and post them. Two time consuming steps.

No comments: