Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New Me

I saw Tron Legacy yesterday. It was the BEST movie I watched on New Years Day 2011. My lord that film has scarred my brain. It has some interesting special effects and a semi decent cast of actors but it's best to not spend time trying to understand the plot or the multitude of holes that permeate the whole thing. I would say it's sort of like The Dude was dropped into the Matrix 2 and 3. Give me a cool action film not some weird semi-religious / philosophical take on humanity and creation.

I'm at home watching the Sunday Night Football game (AKA the Toilet Bowl) between the 6-9 Seahawks and the 7-8 Rams to determine the final NFC West champion. It's going to be a hard game to watch. Charlie Whitehurst is starting the game and I predict the Rams win by 14.

Overall it was a quiet week with the holiday hangover. Jess and I decided to do nothing for New Years Eve which was the right move. We stayed in, drank some champagne, and watched the ball drop on TV. I think the most interesting thing we did was go over to our friend Kevin's house and have a homebrew taste test. We've been home brewing for a few months now and bought industry standards to taste test against. Stone Pale Ale vs. CDBC (Central District Brewing Collective) American Pale Ale. I'm don't think I'm going too far on a limb by saying our beer was drinkable and not a complete farce when compared to Stone. I would also say we have light years to go before our beer is as good as Stone anything.

Who is commenter AN by the way?

We have been gorging ourselves on good TV before we go since the UK will have different, interesting shows to watch. In particular I think Breaking Bad on AMC is the best show on television so Jessica and I have been watching several episodes at a time to close out Season 3 before we head out. It's fantastic!

The UK is creeping up on us slowly and really fast at the same. Some dates are hammered out and some have a ways to go but it looks like I'll be going over in early-ish February to start work and find a place to live with Jessica coming sometime after that to wrap lose ends and oversee the pack and move from Seattle.

Progress.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Tyrel,
"An" here. I was in the cube directly in front of you when you started at Amazon. I'm way out of the game now and miss quite a few things about the old Amazon life, but good to hear that you're still in it and managing the good life outside of work at the same time. Cool to hear that you're moving out to the UK too.