Sunday, December 19, 2010

About Damn Time

It's about damn time I write something. I don't how I got so far out of routine when it comes to posting updates on the blog but once you lose the rhythm it's really hard to get it back.

Anyway, still moving to London but it's taking a little longer to get going than I would have thought. I should have known it wouldn't go smooth but all the immigration bumps appear to be smoothed out and HOLY SHIT the Hyundai commercial with the weird band singing a holiday song makes me want to not buy a car from them. Overkill! Anyway, the immigration stuff has been sorted out and things should be going forward as I type this. I would expect to be in London in February but everything has taken longer than expected to date so no promises.

We're in the process of getting rid of books, furniture, physical music and dvd's (since they are are different standards in the UK) and also because they take up a ton of space when I listen to almost all music on my Ipod/Iphone anyway.

Things that have happened in the last few months:

Went to Ohio to spend time with Jessica's parents in sort of a mini-holiday.
Went to Vancouver BC for a failed attempt to attend a hockey game. (failed because traffic went totally crazy because the freeway was closed)
Started homebrewing beer with some friends in Seattle. (It's watching water boil a few different times - it's not rocket science)

I think Jess and I are going to a little resort near Blaine WA for Christmas and then over to my cousin Melissa's for a holiday gathering. They're my Seattle family so to speak and spend quite a few holidays with them.

Right now I'm finishing up a pain in my ass called re-burning all my CD's onto Itunes. My PC took a crap a few weeks back and I lost all my music and a few other less important programs. It's taken me more than a couple hours to put them all back on my PC. I certainly will be backing these suckers up this time around so I don't have to waste hours doing this and since I intend to get rid of all these CD's anyway I better have them saved somehow.

I figure I'll get a new phone once I get to the UK anyway so having these songs saved in a couple of places is probably a good thing.

I'm sad TRON is getting bad reviews. :-(

I'll try to post more, dinner is calling.

The blog will most likely be renamed Beutler in Seattle.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"The blog will most likely be renamed Beutler in Seattle." :)

Unknown said...

By the way, congrats to the newly titled SENIOR inventory planner. Woo Hoo!!