Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Clever Title

I couldn't think of a clever title so I decided this would be good enough. It's not supposed to be snarky or ironic or intended to be funny. I'm just lazy and not creative tonight. It's been two weeks and mostly it has to do with me being lazy - very similar to the title - sometimes I'm not in a hurry to post.

A few friends have been in town for either day trips (April), or passing through (Liz) so I've been spending a fair amount of time with Chicago natives lately. April was here for work and we had about enough time for a quick tour of town and dinner at a local watering hole. I went to Ireland with April, Pat, and Jen just prior to moving to Seattle so we go back a while. Liz was going to Whistler BC for some outdoor snow fun. We managed to have dinner last night before she flew back home (Liz has family here) and we enjoyed some Vietnamese food. Mmmm.

To partake fully in the West Coast experience you need to do snow sports. I decided on snowboarding since I know more people out here who board. In order to start I had to go shopping this weekend and buy the appropriate clothes and damn, they're expensive. Granted I spent more on my glasses so I can't really complain too much - it's all a matter of perspective (and I spent too much on the glasses as well). So I have pants, a jacket, gloves, and goggles now. You might have noticed I didn't mention what you would think was essential - the board. My plan is to rent a board and fall on my face a few times before I buy a board, hopefully at the end of season so it would be discounted. That's the plan anyway. A few broken limbs or falls could change my mind - maybe I'll be selling gear on here in a few weeks. I already took a day off next week to fall on my face on a less crowded slope.

Vegas! I'm going to Vegas for March Madness. Having a friend in Vegas really helps with the planning so thanks to Matt for living in Vegas and of course what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Work calls as well. Going to Scranton again in two weeks - I found that out about an hour ago. It should be a good trip because it's for practical reasons and should make my life easier down the road.

As a good side note my new boss is married into the Evel family. I have lots of questions but I'm pretty sure she's never jumped over any buildings, buses, or fountains but I'll find out soon. I just watched Hot Rod so I have lots to go on.

Also watched the Inauguration this morning. Nothing like having brunch and mimosa's on a Tuesday while watching a change in the leader of the free world. It was a pretty good speech. If nothing else Barack Obama is a tremendously shrewd politician.

No comments: