Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mountain Biking

Went mountain biking yesterday, sort of. Brandon and I went to an area with "great promise and few riders" which is apparently code for unmaintained. After riding straight up hill for a mile or more I was completely blown as I don't have that kind of cardio anymore, if I ever did. Brandon on the other hand is a genetic freak and isn't even winded. We rode around for a little bit and I continued to get my ass kicked by Brandon but the fates had a plan. We went down a different trail and after a few minutes Brandon had a flat rear tire. We then took a gamble the downhill path we were on would take us back to the road. Gamble failed and we ended up moderately lost, so after walking both bikes uphill thought the jungle of overgrown brush we ended up back where we should have been. Cut up, tired, and bleeding from the legs when the overgrowth raked my legs.

My buddy ran a 2:59:59 marathon a few weeks ago so congrats to Mr. Paske for achieving his goal of a sub 3:00 by the grand total of one tenth of a second. I thing he bribed a timer or something but it still counts I guess. Rooming with a runner at MU for 1.5 years and being friends with most of the distance runners as a result means I know lots of people who run marathons... and they make me sick. Freaks.

I feel like I had a lot more to write about but when the time comes it's never that easy. I want to go to a college football game next year at a road stadium - I'm thinking either the Red River shootout in Dallas or a game at the Swamp in Gainesville. I know people around Dallas and might have a ticket hookup at the Swamp. It promises to be fun either way if I can pull it off.

A trip to Scranton for work seems to be on the very near horizon. I'll try to find the Dunder Mifflin offices while I'm there.

No comments: