Monday, August 18, 2008

CBC is better than NBC

CBC stands for Canadian Broadcast Centre, note the Canadian spelling, and their coverage of the Olympics is much better than NBC's. They show sports live far more than NBC and if they're tape delayed from China they aren't delaying the West Coast feed like NBC. Nothing like checking the news and finding out Olympic results 2-3 hours before it's on American TV. The Canadians are really excited with their Silver Medal winner in the Triathlon which I probably won't ever see on NBC... wait I think Michael Phelps mom has something insightful to say. Nope, I was wrong, great job NBC. CBC is great because they ask mean questions like "how does it feel to be 4th when you were a gold medal favorite?" There interviews are borderline mean it's very funny. The Olympics are impacting my sleep because something is on basically 24 hours a day and especially with the CBC coverage. Why isn't handball big in the US? Who knew Umbro was the official provider of Table Tennis attire? Why are the Chinese playing American 80's music? I just heard Glenn Frey singing The Heat is On I love Beverly Hills Cop and all but do we really need it during Beach Volleyball and Diving? Well maybe we do.

Some friends from college were here last weekend and I showed them around a little bit on their vacation. I hope Jon sends me some of the pictures he took because there must be close to 700 of them. As a professional photographer and Art teacher he probably took some pretty good ones. A few more friends are coming over Labor Day so I've been getting a pretty good idea of what is worth seeing in Seattle and there's a lot of things.

My mini golf league just finished up, Drinks on the Links, and that led into Kickball so I played kickball for the first time probably two years yesterday. It's pretty similar to Milwaukee kickball - I guess it's most likely similar to kickball played in middle schools around the country.

Chipotle, oh how I love thee. In Milwaukee there was a Chipotle on my way home from work that I frequented a couple times a month. The nearest one in Seattle is a good ten minute drive away so I don't go there all that often but when I do it's amazing! Barbacoa with black beans, salsa, and cheese. Mmmmmmmm! More Chipotles!

Per Jay's request I've changed the title to Beutler In Seattle as I have lived here for almost a year and half now. That seems like a long time but time flies I guess. After this long a Roundy's I was in a different department and my old boss was demoted. This place is so much better it's hard to explain.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the largest "protestival" in the world taking place about 1/2 mile from place over the weekend. I blogged about Hempfest last year around the same time. It was just as crazy this year as last year except it was close to 90 degrees and hippy's don't do heat well. Stinky... I hope the leftover stoners don't pull my fire alarm again this year. Jerks.

A few weeks ago I heard the George Harrison song My Sweet Lord listen to it and be annoyed that you can't get it out of your head. I don't know if the Hindu Chants or what but maybe something else will occupy my limited song brain.

Rachel, feel free to write the first 201 revisited post.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Dude, I already thought that was the name of your blog. And my 201 stories are definitely not the best ones. I nominate Lackey, with a close second going to Ronnie T.