Thursday, March 25, 2010

Trip to Milwaukee

I need to blog about something since I've been lacking a lot in this area lately. Last Wednesday (the 17th) I flew to Milwaukee with my buddy Aaron and watched a lot of college basketball with David, John, Jay, and Mike periodically. As John called it, it was a retro weekend with a fair amount partying and old school video games. N64 James Bond Goldeye in particular. We even busted out the old TV set up with one game strictly for video games and another for watching college basketball. Sadly enough Marquette couldn't win the game they had against my current hometown team, the UW Huskies. Que Cera I guess.

Work has been, well, work. It's been hard to get caught up with work after a few days off but it's been going. It's a fast moving place and tomorrow will be the 3rd anniversary of my start. It does seem strange that I've been in Seattle for three years now but when I look back lots of people have gotten married, had kids, and bought houses so I suppose it makes sense in some ways. I'm not looking to leave anytime soon either because the winters are mild and the mountains are high.

In two weeks, over Easter, a bunch of us are going to Vancouver for the weekend to watch the MN Wild take on the superior Vancouver Canucks. We had to overpay for tickets to the game and I'm stilling waiting on a bunch to get shipped over the border. Blah. Since the game is on Sunday night (Easter) it means that I'll be enjoying my Easter in Canada rather than at my aunt Vicki's place on Lake Martha. It's an interesting trade but I'll make a concerted effort to go to Vicki's some other weekend.

It's 40 and rainy here again. This is the worst time of the year to live in Seattle if you ask me. It's not terrible weather at all it's pretty mild, actually it's just like regular winter but the problem is it's spring almost everywhere else and it stays somewhere between 40-50 and rainy all the way through May and it stinks. I'm not really complaining but this is the hardest time of the year for me. I need to go hiking or something to remind myself that the outdoors are fun and close by.

No comments: